Sunday, November 27, 2005

Autumn Sunday Lunch

The table is set for an Autumn Sunday lunch.

On the menu: roasted lamb's leg with carrots, peas and potatoes, an all-time favorite. Didn't have time to do the rice pudding ("arroz doce") as promised. Fruit is healthier, anyway.

By the way, I've been trying to do my bit in helping the Portuguese economy by only buying Pera Rocha when I buy pears. This type of pear, canned sardines and Nobre sausages are just about the only Portuguese things you can buy at Tesco's. As we don't like canned sardines nor Nobre sausages we stick with the pears. I wonder if it is because of the likes of us that Portugal now plans to become the "Orchard of Europe" ?!

2 comments:

BBB said...

It looks positively delicious!!!!! Reminds me of times went by....
Love u.

Rauf said...

Ideal atmosphere, was it delicious as it looks ? some one on the table would have added interest to the picture, lovlely picture nonetheless