Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Phonics

"I like stickers because I really love them. Bye bye. See you later."

Yup. I guess this is what you should expect in the very early stages of learning how to read and write using the phonics approach. This methodology has been adopted by primary schools in the UK for teaching kids basic literacy skills. Since children learn the letters of the alphabet not by their name but by their sound, spelling becomes a phonetic interpretation ...

I must confess that I am still a bit ceptical about all this ...

2 comments:

BBB said...

Well, truth be said, I didn´t understand anything!!!! But loved seeing her hand-writing. She loves those stickers!!!

Money said...

Hi,

I would like to thank you and also compliment you for creating this blog. Many websites online are created to sell something like online stores. However yours and to be honest also other blogs seem to be created for fun and they really provide very useful information...

Regards,
make fast money online