Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Late night reflection

I feel like I've aged at least ten years in the past five years. The changes in my life and in myself have been so many and at times so overwhelming that I still get vertigo when I attempt to take them in (so I don't).
When I look at myself in pictures taken not so long ago (which I am finally trying to organize for my daughters and which brought upon this late night reflection) I see a different person, with a different personality, a different life, a different future, a different set of values and goals, a different referential axis altogether.
So I guess the truth is I still haven't come to terms with the "new me" in the "new world". But I've learned to accept that Strangeness is a part of life and that to survive you need to have the discernment to distinguish between what you can change and what you can't change and to know what is essential from what isn't. Then, you just have to accept what you can't change, with no great fuss, and make the most of the essential things that you can change. Simple, really. Isn't it ?

1 comment:

BBB said...

I wish it was... In theory everything is simple. But in life nothing is. Sometimes we just don´t recognize ourselves.
Lots of kisses.