Saturday, January 21, 2006

Little everyday things

I usually keep the radio in the shower tuned in to BBC Radio2. Light enough stuff with a dose of hourly news (I find that listening to Radio4 in the morning is completely incompatible with my hectic routine). Yesterday I found the shower radio tuned in to Classic FM. Ana had changed it while taking her shower. Wow. My pre-teenage daughter who's a tremendous fan of rap also enjoys "proper" music. I must confess that my musical preference spectrum is not as broad. Must be all that Mozart and Rossini I made her listen to in the car stereo while she was just a baby ! I remember her delight every time the Pa-Pa-Papageno-Pa-Pa-Papagena aria was on, or the Queen of the Night or Figaro, Figaro, Figaro !

2 comments:

Andy Hunter said...

I am struck with the coincidence that I have just come in, and in the car NPR was playing Die Zauberflote, and I was just hearing this very part! papageno!

BBB said...

well, our little mermaid is growing up!!! And she listened to classical music even in her ballet lessons. Now she might say "it´s boring!" but everything has it´s time, specially when it´s not forced.
I really miss you all.
January is, without a doubt, the most depressing time of the year.
Like the song says "wish you where here, back by my side."
Call you later with the BIG NEWS!
Who is it gonna be?