Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Winter blues

Gloomy dark brick buildings under gloomy winter skies make my gloominess gloomier. Daylight has been scarce during this month of January: the sky is always leaden with steel-grey clouds, it's night by 4PM and it stays dark until 8AM. I must have a mild form of SAD, for I know that as soon as Spring comes and brings along sunlight, warmth and longer days I'll feel happy and fully functional again. I hope. Lots of people around here buy or rent lightboxes to keep them from feeling blue during Winter months. They all swear by them. To renitent souls like me, they say: "There's even some models you can just put by your computer so that light shines on you while you're working".
PS - I think Mom and Dad will recognize the place in the picture ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wharley End?

Claudia said...

Yes. Lanchester Road leading up to Lanchester Hall.