Friday, February 03, 2006

Karate ...

... is the latest of Ana's sporting activities. Even though she has tough swimming practices, street dance lessons, school sports and, now, karate she still can't fall asleep when she's supposed to at night. Invariably, she tosses and turns in bed without being able to sleep. After a while, she's pleading for me to let her read until she falls asleep, which, having I given in, has been happening later and later at night, long after her bedtime.
On one hand I do love that she likes reading in bed so much. On the other, I worry that she's not getting enough sleep (she's always very tired and in the worst of moods when she wakes up in the morning). I've tried giving her warm milk before bedtime and quite a few other pointers but nothing seems to work. I guess she just takes after me. Unfortunately.

4 comments:

younowho said...

Try the old 'stars', my love...

Claudia said...

If only I could recite them !!!

BBB said...

Try a warm bath, folowed by a good "massage"...
Send them my love

Claudia said...

While Clara goes wild ...
Besides Ana is very particular about her hair and skin these days and takes forever to get ready after bathing/showering.