Sunday, February 19, 2006

The weekend

The cold and rainy weather determined that we stay at home, warm and cozy, during the weekend. I'm devouring Paul Auster's "Brooklyn Follies" but unfortunately I couldn't give it my undivided appetite as I had to attend to all the chores and little family-life happenings that go with a weekend indoors: cooking, ironing, helping with homework, and so on and so on.

I did my ironing in the living-room "watching" Woody Allen's Small Time Crooks with the rest of the family, at Ana's request. Even Clara likes that movie (she particularly likes the drilling part, in the basement, when the loonies in the gang burst a water main as they begin to dig a tunnel to rob a bank).
Today, after supper, we watched a bit of the Winter Olympics Ice Dancing competition. No clear winners but my personal favorites are the American Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto. I have to say, though, that as far as I'm concerned, none of them even come near to Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean in the 1984 Winter Olympics. I'm beginning to sound like my Mom !
Anyway, the girls were supposed to go to bed early because it's back to school tomorrow. Guess what ? Clara fell asleep when she was supposed to but Ana is still reading !
Gotta go sing her a lullaby or something !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My all time favourites were Maya Usova and Alexander Zulin, who never got the gold...

Anonymous said...

Yoggi bear was the best ever!

Claudia said...

Yoggi is hibernating now but I'm sure he'll thank you for the compliment when he wakes up !

Anonymous said...

No. Pingu the penguin was.

http://badger.ing.me.uk/~ahmulh/pingu.htm