Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bad vibes

Every little thing seems to be going wrong lately and I'm beginning to wonder if what doesn't kill you really does make you stronger or just drives you out of your wits
First. Last week I had to send my laptop to be repaired, disbursing a small fortune. When I got it back today, together with a flimsy service report, the hard disk connection still wasn't working. I had to send it back again and I'm bracing myself for yet another week without my invaluable window to the world.
Second. Even though one of the leading players in the central heating saga has finally been substituted, the curtain still hasn't been drawn on what's beginning to feel like a Greek tragedy of epic proportions. I don't know if it's the thermostat, I don't know if it's the wiring, I don't know what the b... h... it is and it's not my place to know it, either. All I know is that it's -1º C outside and we still do not have central heating. Basically, we've gone the whole winter without it, which if you consider the outrageous rent we're paying is nothing but preposterous.
Third. Our landlord called yesterday saying that he's sending someone round on Monday to evaluate the house. We didn't ask if he was going back on his word and he didn't volunteer anymore information, either.
Needless to say WE ARE NOT AMUSED !!!
PS - A couple of good things today: Clara's homemade-hat parade at school (in freezing weather) and Ana's good grades and performance. Clara's hat was really cute, if I, who made it, may say so myself.

1 comment:

unowho said...

WE are all keeping our fingers crossed so that everything will turn out alright. Lots of loving kisses.