Thursday, March 09, 2006

Little random e-jottings

1. I always feel a pang of pride and get a bit emotional when I hear my country's national anthem being played on a solemn occasion (especially if I'm abroad).
2. Portugal's new president, Anibal Cavaco Silva, was sworn in today. I'm wishing he can really make a difference for the better. I believe that he can AND that he will.
3. Ana's teacher complimented her on her English pronunciation saying that it was very "proper" English. (!!!)
4. The new boiler's being installed on Saturday at 9 am (oooooh! no getting up late ...). Just as the weather is getting milder and we don't feel cold any more. Just the same, it has to be done ...
5. This week's Zeitgeist: solicitors, surveyors, mortgages and banks. Really boring but important stuff that gives me a necessary headache; as the saying goes, no pain no gain. On the other hand, exciting plans for our "new" house and garden are slowly taking shape.
6. Rewarding read: "The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith (whose books I'll read with great expectations from now on). I will write about it later.

No comments: