Thursday, June 22, 2006

The last about yesterday

Last night we wanted to go out for dinner at our favourite pub, which is in a windmill by a beautiful lake. I was looking forward to trying their moussaka for the first time. When we got there, however, it was closed for refurbishment (it opens today!). We ended up going to another pub, by another lake, which is also very nice and where we could appreciate the rowing and canoeing practices that were going on.
After dinner, we drove around for a while as it was such a beautiful evening (it was too cold and windy to walk comfortably as we were dressed, though). We stopped by hubby's work to visit his new office, where the girls had a field day writing on the white board and pretending to be "business women" (they can't even begin to imagine, yet, how dreadful it really feels to be a "business woman"; they just see the glamour of it).
After leaving the white board covered with messages, we finally headed back home to blow out the candles, which were bigger than the birthday cake. They say it's unlucky not to eat a slice of birthday cake on a person's birthday (I wonder who it's unlucky for...), so although none of us felt much like having chocolate cake at 9.30 pm, we managed to eat a thin slice each. The leftovers will be for the girls' friends when they come over during the rest of the week.
Some more birthday phone calls received (I'm always amazed at the number of people that still call me or send messages on my birthday: I'm fully aware that I haven't tended well to some friendships in the last few years; yet, I guess true friendship survives all that...) and it was time to put the girls to bed (well past their bedtime!).
A big thanks to all of you, near or far, who helped me have such a great day! Thanks for caring and for all your efforts!
And that's the last about yesterday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the rest of the evening went wonderfully even though there was no Moussaka...
Loved the pictures!
Love
Ri

Claudia said...

Next big party will be in Portugal,on unowho's birthday in August. I'm glad we have the chance to celebrate at least one of "our birthdays" with the whole family together. We already have a lot of ideas for it!

Anonymous said...

That's rainbow colors to my eyes...
I can't wait!