Friday, July 21, 2006

Last day of school

School's out. Ana's Year 6 class had a particularly painful and tearful parting because its students are moving on to different schools in September. Everybody signed everybody else's shirt as a memento of their time together, which I think is a pretty cool idea. After school, Clara joined in the crying when she saw her sister and her sister's friends in tears. I brought them home feeling as if somebody had just died.
My girls are going to miss seeing each other at school everyday and a bit of my peace of mind is being lost with their being apart from now on. Ana and her friends have always been very protective of Clara and very caring and loving towards her. Clara fully returns this affection and adores them.
Yet another step in the process leading to their independence.

4 comments:

Rauf said...

Its ok for boys but parting is very difficult for girls, same happened to my niece, saw all her friends in tears. In India it is very difficult for girls to keep in touch.

Rauf said...

lovely picture Claudia, very touching.

Anonymous said...

Este é cá um cromo...

ana said...

Hi mummy!
I know, i was completely sad and unhappy when the last day of school came!! I am going to miss some of my friends so much!
Though it is time to move on and make new friends (even though it is gonna be hard probably)
Love you, and your blog is the best!! xxxxxxxx
From your daughter ana