Saturday, July 01, 2006

Portugal 3 - England 1

Portugal 0 - 0 England aet; Portugal wins 3-1 on penalties and England is out of the World Cup. And to think that Sven Goran-Eriksson was paid £4m a year for the last few years (that's English Pounds, not Euros or Dollars) for this!
Big Phil Scolari was, as usual, great fun to watch during the match because of his colourful display of emotions. Ricardo, Portugal's goalkeeper, was fabulous, with 3 penalty saves! He's already a national hero!
I have my doubts about Portugal beating France next Wednesday, however. Zinedine Zidane is in great shape and is undoubtedly the best player in the tournament.

1 comment:

Rauf said...

I am smiling Claudia. You seem to be so passionate about it. I have no interest in the game, cricket is the religion here.

while eating I watched a bit. When the match went for extra time. My nephew was watching, I heard the penalties. went in again to watch. The body language of english players was not good. It was like they knew before that they are bot going to score. Actually i sat down to watch Beckham. he was sitting somewhere, foot injury i was told. Perhaps he must be thanking the injury.