Friday, October 13, 2006

Sugar and spice and everything nice

Russell Crowe is being interviewed on BBC1 by Jonathan Ross (funny creep). I can't concentrate enough to write anything meaningful. People such as Russell Crowe, George Clooney, Jeff Bridges or Liam Neeson always seem to shatter all my attempts at concentration whenever they're on TV.
The kids and hubby have gone to bed long ago and are fast asleep. It's been a long day for all of us.
Hubby brought some fine "patisserie" from Paul's in London and, feeling obliged to accept what had been offered to me as a special treat, I ended up stuffing my face with all sorts of food in the kitchen after they went to bed. A mere treat triggered a huge binge eating episode which left me feeling utterly defeated and a complete failure. I've lost 30 Kg since May and I really don't want to pile it on again so soon (I'll die from the subsequent and inevitable depression). It's just that sugar acts on me like a potent stupefacient: it calms me and induces a very pleasant drowsiness. It's extremely addictive ... and, unfortunately, very caloric, also.
I expect I'll have an immense headache in the morning and wake up as bloated as a balloon.
Oh, well, off to bed now. At least I'll sleep drowned in the sweetest dreams. I hope.

5 comments:

lara Silverstone said...

I was looking for blogs on the jonathan ross show last night, i'm a big fan of jonathan ross and it was a strange and interesting line up. I was wondering what you thought of the Lee Mack interview or was the whole nation of women to busy getting moist over Russel Crowe to notice that the interview seemed strained and uncomfortable. I was trying to work out why Lee wasn't really able to shine-having to start from the description of being an up and coming comic (he's been at the top as a stand up for years) with a bland and unrememberble face didn't make it easy. I know that's the hosts usual style, but I imagine it's easier to deal with if the majority people watching do actually know who you are and remember you.

http://www.typepad.com/t/app

Claudia said...

Didn't pay attention to Lee Mack, I confess. Neither did I pay much attention to Jonathan Ross or Russell Crowe (so I'm not in the moist group, I guess). I was too high on sugar and too low on myself and on concentration. I'm not one of Jonathan's unconditional fans: sometime he's brilliant and sometimes he just plain sucks. Last night he just didn't...uh... captivate me, shall I say...

Anonymous said...

My adorable sis, don't let friday night's sugar attack be the beginning of a horrible friendship. You looked so good this summer and you have to be strong enough to keep those 30 kg off, no matter how hard it is. Remember that the first move to hell is the fast way down to it. You have so many things going for you, you don't have to resort to high calory theraphy (contrary to me...). If you need me to go to doctor T to get more of you know what, just let me know.
From your sis who truly adores and admires you
Ri

Anonymous said...

Bom dia, minha querida.
Que tal foi a Jane Eyre?
Até parece que só cheguei aqui agora, mas nem imaginas o que eu já fiz...
Mil beijinhos.
P.S. De encomenda, nem vê-la!

Claudia said...

About Jane Eyre: I'm now Bertha Rochester's number one fan.
About the missing parcel: I'll hand in a formal complaint at the post office tomorrow. Even though Royal Mail claims they'll pay £150 to make up for parcels gone missing, I have a feeling I'll have to nag them to death in order to make them do so. Not that £150 covers the personal value of what was inside that damned box. It's the third time a parcel has gone missing since we've moved here and I have a feeling I won't be handing in just a mere complaint...