Tuesday, November 14, 2006

All systems go

Yesterday's bad luck has vanished and after almost 24 hours of dedication and looking at the blinking cursors, rotating hourglasses and moving status bars that are meant to keep you amused during the frustratingly slow and nail-biting installation of any Microsoft based application, my laptop is now ready for takeoff (knock on wood!).
Since I had to format the software partition in the hard disk and re-install Windows XP (no data lost this time thanks to hard disk partitioning), I decided to bring all my applications up to date and so I've just finished installing the latest versions of everything from Microsoft et al, including the very streamlined Explorer v.7.0, which has a bunch of privacy and safety features that come in very handy because of the kids. I also took the time to reorganize my iTunes library, photos, videos and junk (amazing how much clutter I've managed to collect since the last crash).
Let's see how long it lasts this time.

4 comments:

mami said...

Even if you apparently didn't follow my advice...have a wonderful day, my darling.

Rauf said...

The Great Writer


There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

Claudia said...

Didn't know that one, Rauf! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, that story! Loved it