Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Porca miseria!


This chandelier by Ingo Maurer is called Porca Miseria! and it's an exploding dinner service (white porcelain dishes, cutlery, the works...) that emanates light.
It was designed in 1994, it's on display at the MoMA and I saw it for the first time earlier this year in one of Waddesdon Manor's rooms (in stark yet perfect contrast to the reigning 19th century style decor).
It was love at first sight.

The last known asking price for one of these very exclusive lamps that are part of a very limited edition was $55,000.00.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Rauf said...

drop it and all the money gone ?
Oh dear ! I will not go anywhere near it.

iznoGates said...

Now I know what will be my Xmas gift to you!

Claudia said...

It's all broken anyway, Rauf :)

Claudia said...

Iznogates: I'll need a palace to go with it!