Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fifteen years ago

Fifteen years ago today, Hubby and I got married in this beautiful setting. I believe it was the first and only civil wedding ceremony on my side of the family, having my grandmother's attempts to lure my future husband out of atheism been a complete failure.
We had 40 guests in total, just family and friends. There was rain in the morning (they say it brings luck) and crisp winter sunshine for the rest of the day. The sea looked beautiful.
No photographer was hired.
I didn't wear a conventional wedding dress and my shoes were absolutely hideous; this, however, was largely compensated and even eclipsed by the beauty of my bouquet of roses and the lace work on the top of my attire.
The Superintendent Registrar who performed the ceremony was a full hour late and Christmas music could be heard in the background.
Nearly at 3 PM lunch was served and it was just simply refined and delicious.
As for the Wedding Cake, no one had ever or has ever since tasted such an exquisite one.
There was a lot of magic, a lot of happiness and a lot of hope all around.
A very fond memory.

2 comments:

mum said...

Fond, fond memories...
Many happy returns of the day to you both, my dearest.
Sorry I didn't keep my promise.
Mum

S.B. said...

yes indeed it was lovely. i wish... well never mind.
Many happy more.