Monday, December 04, 2006

Photography

Since joining Flickr a year ago, my enthusiasm for photography has been mounting steadily.
Shooting with a camcorder is definitely not the best option for taking good pictures and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a good camera in the future. I'm not expecting to spend a fortune on a Nikon D80 or a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT or a Pentax *ist DL or a Olympus EVOLT E-500. I'll happily settle for a Sony point and shoot like the DSC-W100, the DSC-W5 or the DSC-P200 in the Cyber-shot range.
If you want to see some really good pictures taken with these cameras, just follow the links above.

2 comments:

Rauf said...

Good idea Claudia, Mine is Panasonic DMC FZ30. Not an SLR There is no point in spending a fortune on a new and changing technology. All digital cameras go obsolete in a couple of years. I can't get the 'smart media' card for my old 4MP Olympus, though the camera is still working well.

Claudia said...

Thanks for your advice, Rauf. Choosing a camera wisely is proving to be a lot harder than I had anticipated... I don't know if I should go for a Sony point-and-shoot or a Canon power shot or a Fujifilm FinePix... One of the things I find essential is shutter lag below 0.4 secs, good recycle time, and between 5 and 8 megapixel def...