Friday, January 05, 2007

Souvenir from a favourite place

Souvenir...

The last time I was in Montmartre, Paris, the crêpe au grand marnier I ordered in a café was attacked and devoured within a question of minutes by a flock of fierce sparrows who gave me no chance whatsoever of even tasting it (not that I'd share it with them after they'd taken the first bite right from under my nose). Me and the sparrows were the centre of all attention and laughter - and the subject of some tourists' photos - in the famous and packed artists' square for a couple of minutes (my 2 minutes of fame)! My friends' crêpes (alcohol free...) were completely disdained by these very Parisian sparrows.
Et vive la France!
This picture (from one of my Flickr friends) triggered this post.

4 comments:

izcurious said...

This was surely a hell of a show! Were the birds tamed to do so? Did you end up eating your friend's crêpe?

Claudia said...

It WAS quite a show but at the end of it I had lost all appetite for crêpes.

izcurious said...

only for crêpres, I hope

err said...

ainda me estou a rir ;)