Monday, February 26, 2007

New shoes

There's a great song that's just come ("New Shoes", by Paolo Nutini) out which goes like this:

Hey, I put some new shoes on,
and suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
it so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
but long on time,
slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
and I'm running late,
and I don't need an excuse,
'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.


It's so ordinary but just so true, isn't it? Putting on a new pair of shoes, getting a new hair cut or wearing new clothes can lift your mood just enough for you to make peace with the world (as far as shoes are concerned, however, this peace will probably tend to be very short lived, as new footwear invariably means sore, bruised feet after a few hours...).

I wonder if hanging new curtains at home will lift my spirits in quite the same manner [daft thought, I know...]. I guess I'll find out in 8 weeks' time.

Another day gone by...

No comments: