Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fun brain test


The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Give it a try for a few seconds. If you can't change the direction of the turns and are just puzzled at the whole thing, take a look here.

Please share your results! Clara sees the movement clockwise, me and Ana see it anti-clockwise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I see both. First I saw it anti-clockwise, but while I was trying to determine exactly wich way that is( ... dah) suddenly I started to see it clockwise. So I´m a little "baralhated" :-)
What does it mean???

Blue Eyed Sis

Anonymous said...

definitivamente clockwise...

J.

Claudia said...

Funny how in the morning it was anti-clockwise by default and now it's clockwise... I've also found that the way I tilt my head has an effect on how I perceive the direction of the rotation. Cool. I'm not sure about the correctness of the scientific reading for this test, though.

Anonymous said...

How true for me!
Clockwise, of course. What else...

Anonymous said...

Well now it was anti-clockwise so no more definitivamente...