Thursday, July 24, 2008

Relativity

What's perceived as a sizzling day around here is considered to be a rather cool day down there... Oh no! Rain is coming again...we might just try singing and dancing in the rain. That will be fun!

I love the first day of school holidays... no pressure to do anything whatsoever except to make my kiddos happy! Today we're having a picnic in the garden.

Nia is back home after a very, very rough week in the hospital so we'll be on standby just in case she calls asking for Clara to visit her.

BTW, after reading your very nice comments on my last post I felt compelled to show you Clara's skipping on Sports Day. Not a very conventional champion but I'm still very proud of her!


video

5 comments:

Rauf said...

hahaha ! very sweet video, Just go skipping, Clara is not worried who comes first or second, reminds me of a movie 'Melody ' still remember the girl's name, Tracy Hyde she was, with Mark Lester who was already famous with his role in Charles Dickens' 'Oliver Twist'
Melody the movie had some lovely songs of BeeGees, There is a funny sports day scene.

Please keep transfering the videos of children as the technology keeps changing so that Ana and Clara could watch them when they grow up. All the videos of my nephew and niece are in tapes of different formats which can't be viewed today.

Nia is a sweet name, just wish her speedy recovery, sometimes i curse myself for not believing in God.
Faith is a good healer and so is hope.

Claudia said...

Yes, Rauf, one of the main purposes of this blog is to leave something for my daughters that maybe they'll enjoy browsing through in the future.

When I started blogging in 2003, you couldn't even upload pictures onto blogger free accounts. You Tube, goear and multimedia object embedding were yet a thing of the future. Now there is so much technology available to bloggers that it would be a shame not to take advantage of it to better convey moods, events and all kinds of trivialities for posterity. Just in case they might come to care.

You can check on Nia's progress here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nia

I hope you're all settled in by now. I will visit your blog tomorrow. Take care, Rauf.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice skipping:-) Loved it. My sweet little angel:-) I´m very proud of my two Picocas. Maybe in the summer Pipa will go swimming with them both. She can also swim 100 m ;-)
Love U

Claudia said...

Hello, my sweet blue eyed sis! I miss you and I love you too!
Send a big wuff-wuff to Pipa!