Monday, July 07, 2008

Wimbledon Man's Final

It lasted for almost five hours and it wrecked my Sunday evening plans but it was well worth it: yesterday's Wimbledon's man's final was the best tennis match I remember ever seeing, better even than the 1980 formidable dual between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe. With superb sportsmanship and spectacular tennis on display, Rafael Nadal finally succeeded in dethroning Roger Federer on grass in a match unfit for cardiacs. I never liked McEnroe whereas I'm a huge fan of both Nadal and Federer. Unforgettable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got yourself a good piece of rainy Sunday afternoon's fun!
How nice to remember good old McEnroe's days...

Anonymous said...

one on one confrontations are always a thrill to watch...sadly I missed it...

J.