Monday, March 02, 2009

The future

the future

I'm still trying to figure out what on Earth Twitter is good for...

A couple of friends are using it and I just don't see the point, especially when all you want is to keep 2 or 3 people informed about something... isn't email enough? Through one of my friends' tweets I came upon some big time celebrity tweets which I briefly browsed and which puzzled me even more... why do fifty thousand people want to be instantly notified when Lily Allen decides to share her thoughts or disclose what she has just eaten, seen or done? Why do a quarter of a million people have urgency in knowing that Stephen Fry is just about to take a dive with the sharks or that he has lost his GSM signal?

Beats me...

Anyway, even God is on Twitter... as well as no.10 Downing Street...

4 comments:

João said...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1879169,00.html

Claudia said...

Thanks

rauf said...

Children can't keep quiet Claudia, they are upto lot of tricks. i am too old for them. They pulled me into something called hi5 then in to tagged and face book. Now some are pulling me in to this Tweeter. i don't know what it is. oh i forgot about orkut. Except face book which i am forced to open as the messages keep coming in the mail, i don't open anything else.

Peter said...

Happy I avoided to sign in on this one! You are right, there is a lot of useless info on the "market". Are we getting over-informed and are we over-communicating? No time for essentials.