Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here's to Life!

I have had no time or will to blog - or indeed to sit at the computer - for the past month. There's so much to do and think about, important decisions to make, that I'm feeling a bit drained and stressed at the moment. In spite of that, I managed to get a few days away from it all, with Hubby and the kids, in the exhilaratingly beautiful southwest corner of England. Ana and Clara loved Stonehenge and the City of Bath (especially the Roman baths) but what did ME a world of good was staying in a secluded North Cornwall hamlet for a few days, no telephones, no computers, no TV, just the sea, the rugged cliffs - setting of numerous shipwrecks and looting in the past - the tiny, secret coves and paths, the seagulls and the wind. It felt good to be reminded that there's a lot more to Life than the daily routine of stress that's keeping me captive lately.

I intend to be back. Both to Cornwall and to blogging.

5 comments:

rauf said...

Thank you Claudia

'unattended children will be sold as slaves' Its not good to read that.

unattended children would be sent to Mars is lot better.

The place is beautiful but there are hardly any people. My friend told me that food and stay in Bath is very expensive. Well, everything is expensive for Indians, they think in Rupees.

Back in the sixtees and the seventies the tourists who visited me used to sing about Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. They came by road.
unthinkable now. How sad Claudia.
Along with natural beauty, culture and history, the country has to offer peace to the tourists.

Peter said...

So nice to see you back!! ... although you are right; sometimes you need a break - or at least you feel that you would need it!

Your wonderful photos make me a bit nostalgic. I have some wonderful souvenirs from Cornwall, but SO many (too many) years ago!

João said...

“for whatever we lose (like a you or a me) / it's always ourselves we find in the sea”
E. E. Cummings quotes (American poet 1894-1962)

Obrigado, you are missed.

Ruth said...

Somehow I missed this post a few weeks ago now. I'm watching your slideshow and typing.

This is the kind of place I dreamt of since I was a girl. Dark, by the sea, old architecture mixed with moss and heath. I would get distracted there too. How could you help it?

I hope you are less stressed now.

Claudia said...

Ruth, from what I derive about you from your blog, you would love Cornwall. Mind you, my favourite place in the world is still Paris...