Monday, June 08, 2009

Closure

Nostalgie

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind,
In the primal sympathy,
Which having been must ever be,
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering,
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

-- William Wordsworth --

5 comments:

Ruth said...

The lamps are lit - in a row as if coming out of the past. Or - they are leading to the tower, which rises to a new dimension. It feels apropos to the splendour in the grass poem.

Nice to see you again.

Peter said...

I trust that "closure" doesn't mean "closure"! I have noted that we are now Facebook friends and I appreciate, but...

I start to get a number of Portugese friends on my blog, GMG, Cezar & Léia, Margarida Pereira, JM, Raindrop... Claudia! A nice community of kind smiling persons! :-)

Claudia said...

Thank you, Ruth.

Peter, the closure refers the mourning for my best friend. He was stabbed to death in his own home in December 2007 and his assassin was sentenced yesterday to a mere 13 years in jail.

Ruth said...

How terrible.

Peter said...

This is terrible ... but I'm pleased to see that you are not "closing"!