Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Le Pont Mirabeau



Sous le pont Mirabeau coule la Seine
Et nos amours
Faut-il qu'il m'en souvienne
La joie venait toujours après la peine

Vienne la nuit sonne l'heure
Les jours s'en vont je demeure

Les mains dans les mains restons face à face
Tandis que sous
Le pont de nos bras passe
Des éternels regards l'onde si lasse

Vienne la nuit sonne l'heure
Les jours s'en vont je demeure

L'amour s'en va comme cette eau courante
L'amour s'en va
Comme la vie est lente
Et comme l'Espérance est violente

Vienne la nuit sonne l'heure
Les jours s'en vont je demeure

Passent les jours et passent les semaines
Ni temps passé
Ni les amours reviennent
Sous le pont Mirabeau coule la Seine

Vienne la nuit sonne l'heure
Les jours s'en vont je demeure

Guillaume Apollinaire

6 comments:

Ruth said...

"After each sorrow joy came back again."

Claudia said...

It's such a nostalgic and beautiful poem, isn't it? I especially like Serge Reggiani's interpretation.

Peter said...

Yes, it's nostalgic and beautiful!! I'm so pleased to see to which extent you appreciate this piece of French "culture"!

... and I have some personal memories from this bridge, where our whole family was united to watch the Eiffel Tower and the arrival of the year 2000!

rauf said...

oh its beyond me, not even making an attempt to understand it.

How you've been Claudia, noticed in the previous post that Clara is 9.
i smile. That is all i can do.
Wish her an easy and pleasant life.

i don't open the face book much some friends dragged me into it. i see you pretty active there and i smile again.

Hi Ruth,
Hi Peter.

rauf said...

oh its beyond me, not even making an attempt to understand it.

How you've been Claudia, noticed in the previous post that Clara is 9.
i smile. That is all i can do.
Wish her an easy and pleasant life.

i don't open the face book much some friends dragged me into it. i see you pretty active there and i smile again.

Hi Ruth,
Hi Peter.

Claudia said...

Hi, dear Rauf!

I'm about to give up on facebook, it's just not my thing. Hopefully I'll be back blogging soon, as I hope you will too!

Thank you for your kind wishes for Clara. They're my wishes as well.

I hope all is fine with you!