Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bright

Summer flowers

It's just a flower growing through pebbles but I love the contrast of the bright yellow against the grey and its simple, symetrical beauty. It must be very resistent for it's been there all summer. Today it seemed to greet me as I came home from the school run, the yellow even brighter under the sharp morning sun. It's a glorious and unseasonably warm September day. I'll mow the lawn later on. Perhaps I'll plant some daffodils, it's the right time for that, too early for tulips and crocuses. The time for cozy tea and scones hasn't arrived yet.

5 comments:

Ian said...

nice light

Ruth said...

I agree, you've used the light to perfect advantage. I've never seen that flower before.

Claudia said...

Thank you, Ian and Ruth. I have no idea what the flower is called. It might even be a weed.

rauf said...

Its more saturated than what our eye sees it Claudia. The UVs kill some colour.

i don't know what it is called. Even if you knew and told me i would forget. this flower, this picture Claudia, would make any one happy and pull any one out of depression.

Claudia said...

rauf, I can't imagine it being any brighter than that, it made me so happy already. I love yellow. It's my "feel good" colour. Especially in England, where the sky is grey and dark most of the time.