Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Say, Hard Cheese!

Well, today is just one of those days!

Got a speeding fine in the post, the washing machine broke down again (I’ve lost count of how many times it’s had to be repaired since we got it 4 years ago), internet speed doesn’t go above 400 Kb/s even though I’m paying for 4 Mb/s, my laptop is making a strange rattling noise and a light bulb just went out when I walked into this room (yes, it’s that dark and gloomy outside at 2 PM in the afternoon today).

Hubby’s on the plane heading south to somewhere exciting where I would quite like to go as well and Clara is about to head east to spend a week in my favourite of favourite cities (oh là là, oui c’est ça) with her class. I’m feeling stranded and plagued by rotten luck.

5 comments:

Trulyfool said...

Claudia,

Some of that karma wobbled over here -- car repair over a thousand USD.

(Oh, and there's 'English weather' where I am, too!)

TFool

Claudia said...

Ouch :(

rauf said...

Dear Claudia, i have been mindlessly criticising Muslim women. Same story here. The only difference is, you do not wear Burqua, veil or a scarf. This is the life you chose. And this is the life the CEO of Pepsi or Yahoo would love to trade with you Claudia. You are the most loved person in the world, this is a story of a mother we all love and respect. i would touch your feet and seek your blessings.
Little annoyed over the speeding though.

Claudia said...

Oh, rauf, our apparent choices in life are not always very free willed and that is particularly true of women. Still, I'm not complaining, I just feel a bit grumpy sometimes, comes with the age, I guess. I love travelling and I miss it a lot.

I bended the truth a bit with the speeding fine bit. I did receive one in the post but the speeding driver wasn't me: Michel was driving my car at 32 mph in a 30 mph zone.

Ruth said...

Live it up in your imagination.

(Go to the ball.)