Friday, September 10, 2010

Intimations of Immortality

Rebirth

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!
Shades of the prison-house begin to close
Upon the growing Boy,
But He beholds the light, and whence it flows,
He sees it in his joy;
The Youth, who daily farther from the east
Must travel, still is Nature's Priest,
And by the vision splendid
Is on his way attended;
At length the Man perceives it die away,
And fade into the light of common day.


-- William Wordsworth --

I stop blogging when I'm unwell. I can just about cope with the chores of daily life - being a mother, a homemaker, a wife - and my strength is totally consumed by obligations (some of them sweet) during my "not so good" periods (yes, having fun requires a bit of stamina). Some people turn to blogging as a form of therapy, some blog because they have a message for whoever stumbles upon them, some just need to share their thoughts and feelings and extend their circle of friends, others do it for money or a bit of attention. I fall into none of these categories. I started blogging for a handful of people most of whom can no longer read my blog. I then tried the therapy justification, but the words I should write instead of the ones I want to write just don't come that easily to me. Cutting, pasting and sharing interesting stuff from elsewhere in the Internet is now much more easily done through facebook, google reader, stumbleupon and similar platforms. I don't know... Where do I go from here? I might give the therapy aspect another try...

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I hope you'll find a reason to blog, I've missed you here. The way I see it, everyone sees differently, and how you see is always interesting, intelligent and full of beauty.

For me, my blog is almost 100% the creative outlet for my writing and photos. You have stunning photos, and combined with your words or whatever you share, I enjoy whatever you post.

Trulyfool said...

Claudia,

I've checked your blog again and again hoping you'd return.

Never thought 'therapy' and 'stamina' were words to associate with you, a person of such creativity and (so far as I can tell) family commitment and love.

Very glad you're back.

Where do you go from here?

Converse with those of us here willing to establish a 'distance humanity'?

Trulyfool

Claudia said...

Thank you for your encouraging comments, Ruth and Trulyfool. I'll try to post with some regularity from now on.

rauf said...

oh deeah ! is there a catagory ? i don't know in which catagory i fall into Claudia, oh Categories, there is a red underline for category i typed and i copied your spelling. See ? i am learning from you.
i am packing, half done, hoping that i have not forgotten to pack something and before i sleep i just wanted to click on Claudia
And there You are
This is when i say
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

catching the early morning train.
and Claudia please watch 'clockwise' with children. John Cleese in it. hope i don't get in to a wrong train like him.

oh deeah ! what a ghastly word i have to type on word verification
DATRIEST

rauf said...

oh i forgot
since you are in England and you speak and write impeccable English.so you may not know what a red underline is. because you have never seen it.

Red underline is for idiots like me Claudia. when ever the spelling is wrong google gives a red underline under the word. now there is a red underline under the word google

Peter said...

So happy to see you back! I really missed your always interesting posts! Hope that the “unwell” you refer to is over and that we will see you here regularly again, or more or less regularly, no pressure! Also nice to see that Ruth and Rauf have found you again! (… and I still prefer the blogs to facebook.) :-)
(By the way, I spent my holidays – with kids and grandkids – in Portugal. Wonderful!)