Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wisdom

When I have ceased to break my wings
Against the faultiness of things,
And learned that compromises wait
Behind each hardly opened gate,
When I have looked Life in the eyes,
Grown calm and very coldly wise,
Life will have given me the Truth,
And taken in exchange -- my youth.

-- Sara Teasdale --

I do so love this poem, the concept rings so true...

But...

I shall never be coldly wise, I shall never know the truth and I shall never part with my youth.

What's in a name?

8 comments:

Trulyfool said...

Claudia,

You'll be forever young. I shall see to it.

(We'll have to be careful how 'life' tries to steal it, though).

Trulyfool

Ruth said...

Let's never be coldly wise or part with our youth. Together. Pact.

Peter said...

Sounds so true, but - at least in your case - completely wrong! I wish I could join the young team! :-)

João said...

I raise my glass and drink to that...cheers, Claudia.

Claudia said...

Here's to youth and faithful friends!

deb said...

Claudia,
I am here via Ruth if that is okay.

I'm completely stunned by the photos alone,
and am three posts in and loving your words, the peek into your heart.

looking forward to getting to "know " you more.

GvSparx said...

I am so stunned that I take some time to write a word.
It is inescapably true, how life eats life away.
As someone rightly said,life is wasted on the living.
i wish to keep it live and young, to keep it the way I like, but easier said than done.

I just wonder at those words.
Have a nice day Claudia.
I look forward to your reply.

Blog:GvSparx
Twitter:@GvSparx

Anonymous said...

I have parted with my youth but then again i´ve been through more than anybody should. Being calm and very coldly wise is not as bad as it sounds. Sometimes it is exactly that cold wisdom that lets you begin a second life, be reborn and start over. And then, if you´re really, really lucky some of the youth will comeback:-)